Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 16-22: Do Whatever, Part 2








Following up on Part 1 yesterday…

Being up in Philadelphia for 3 days, tied to a bunch of huge meetings, was the perfect time to be on the “do whatever” plan. I brought swim and run gear, and took it day by day. I got in a little running, and once I got back home, was training in all three sports.

I even lifted weights one time. Woah now.

Monday: Nothing, though I probably covered about 8 miles on foot running the meeting.

Tuesday: An easy 4 miles of running on Kelly Drive – beautiful!





Wednesday: 5 miles of easy running after I got home from the meeting.

Thursday: 9 miles of bike commuting and 4000 yards of swimming with DCRP Masters.

Friday: A 5.5 mile tempo run, with a 20 minute tempo section at 8:27 pace. About half an hour of strength training, too.

Saturday: 18 miles of biking with Rachel, then 3600 meters of swimming with DCRP Masters. Two sports in one day!

Sunday: 10 mile run around Richmond while Jason was racing a half ironman. Good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you go lifting weights. That is all the motivation I need to start. Nice workouts between the meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of strength training ... I need to get on that ASAP. In my defense, though, I keep telling myself I'll start up again during the off-season.

    ReplyDelete