Friday, July 11, 2014

Double the Racing, Double the Fun

You know those "race weekend challenges" that involve more than one race? Like the Gasparilla Distance Classic down in Florida - 15k and 5k Saturday, half marathon and 8k Sunday - which sounds like so much fun that I actually want to do it someday, even though it is in Florida. Or even longer, the American Triple-T - super sprint triathlon Friday night, TWO Olympic distance triathlons on Saturday, and a half iron distance triathlon on Sunday.

As outstanding as these things sound, I've never doubled/tripled/quadrupled up on a race weekend like that. But that will change this weekend! I'm headed down to Colonial Beach, VA to race a sprint triathlon Saturday and an Olympic distance triathlon Sunday.

Why? The obvious answer is that if one triathlon is good, two triathlons must be even better.

I'd planned on only doing the Olympic distance race, with the intent of using it as a tune up for Age Group Nationals in a month. Then Jason decided to sign up for the sprint, and since I'd be there anyway, why not race and use it as my pre-race brick?

I have all the good ideas, don't I?

Post-race on Saturday, I'll probably be furiously icing and foam rolling to get myself set to go for another round, and I may really regret this by about mile 2 of the run (or for that matter, maybe mile 2 of the bike).

Only one way to find out, though. Here we go!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've never done a double up, I don't think. Good luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how this goes! I've got a tune-up sprint on the schedule next weekend to work on my top-end speed. Slash see if I have any top-end speed.

    ReplyDelete